|ADG Janez Podobnik visited KEN|
|Wednesday, 16 May 2012 10:24|
Mr Janez Podobnik, Acting Director General held a meeting with the President of KEN, Dr Boris Cizelj at KEN Headquarters in Brussels on May 12, 2012.
1. Five meetings, held by A DG Podobnik at European Commission on May 11, 2012 and organized by KEN Secretariat in the frame of the study tour by Mr Podobnik in Brussels, were by both parties assessed as quite beneficial and present a good starting point for ICPE engagement in receiving EU funds for specific projects-thematic activities, especially in the field of EU development aid to ACP countries (in the framework of European Development Fund-EDF, to which all member states contribute financial means directly).
2. Ken Secretariat will gather information for ICPE regardiing conditions, which are necessary in the EU for obtaining the status of higher-education institution, which would make it possible for ICPE, to become a partner in implementing educational activities, which are funded by EU in the ACP countries.
Dr Boris Cizelj, President of KEN and Mr Janez Podobnik, ADG of ICPE
3. Ken Secretariat will include ICPE as KEN partner in KEN presentation 2012, which will be held at European Parliament on June 26, with an emphasis on preparing KEN Workshop, that will be organized by KEN and ICPE in Ljubljana, presumably on October 22, 2012.
4. Ken Secretariat will in the next few months organize meetings for ICPE management with some representatives of developing countries, ACP member states and others, important for ICPE, in Brussels and if possible, a presentation of ICPE at one of the board meetings of ACP.
5. Mr. Podobnik will have a discussion with prof. dr. Raspor from Biotechnical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, regarding the possibility of applying to the last call in the EDULINK programme, which encourages capacity strengthening in higher education institutions in the field of agriculture, food safety and energy.
6. It has been established, that ICPE and KEN could engage in the projects of »ACP Science and Technology« programme, which is intented for capacity building in all factors of the innovation chain on the field of agriculture, food saftey and energy, and especiall cooperate at a call, that has objectives in promotion of cultural innovations and it's open for wide spectrum of organizations. From 2013 onwards there will be even more possibilities, since the emphasis will be given to developing cultural innovations in ACP countries and even more possibilities will arise in 2014, through »Erasmus for All« programme.
7. ICPE will establish a contact with IEBTC (suggestion by Mr Serafin Gonzales Sanchez from European Commision – Policy Officer, DG Enterprise and Industry), with headquarters in New Delhi and was established by European Commission to promote innovations and technology in India. In that way, ICPE would increase its international recognition in India.
8. KEN Secretariat and ICPE, Ljubljana will exchange information about relevant international institutions, that are interesting for both parties, such as fundations, organizations, think tanks,etc. The information will be gathered by the interns from Turkey, one at KEN, second at ICPE, in the frame of their working assignments during 15 May – 15 July 2012.
9. The first draft for an international workshop, organized by KEN-ICPE has been confirmed. The workshop will be held in Ljubljana on October 22.
10. Dr Cizelj informed Mr Podobnik about a conference »1st Global Indian Education Summit« and handed over some preliminary information regarding this event.
11. It was concluded, that ICPE will facilitate a proper hall for the realization of SBRA Seminar, namely »Innovations in the service sector«, which will be held on July 13 in Ljubljana.
12. At the end of the meeting Mr Podobnik and Dr Cizelj signed a contract on organizing an international workshop KEN-ICPE in Ljubljana, October 22, 2012.
14. KEN will organize a meeting for Mr Podobnik with dr. Mashelkar in the framework of the annual KEN Forum 2012.